Student yearbooks from schools in Henderson and Middleburg in Vance County, N.C., are now available online in the North Carolina High School Yearbooks collection on DigitalNC.
These join yearbooks of the Henderson Institute that are already online, giving Vance County residents and researchers a terrific resource for community history and memory.
There’s lots going on at the North Carolina Digital Heritage Center with new material digitized and published online every week. We want to make it as easy as possible for users to keep with our work and to learn about new materials as soon as they’re available online. Here are several ways we share news and interesting items from our online collections:
- This blog will always be the first place we post news and announcements, such as the availability of new material online or changes to the website. Check in regularly or subscribe using your RSS reader.
- When we find exciting, interesting, or just plain strange things in the collection that we want to share, we’ll write about them on North Carolina Miscellany, the blog of the North Carolina Collection at UNC-Chapel Hill. North Carolina Miscellany is a great resource for anyone interested in the history and culture of our state. You can go directly to the posts related to the NC Digital Heritage Center using this link: http://www.lib.unc.edu/blogs/ncm/index.php/category/digitalnc/
- We’ll also share news and fun finds through the North Carolina Collection’s Twitter feed, @nccollection
- If you prefer to get your news through Facebook, we post links to blog posts and other relevant news there: https://www.facebook.com/NCDigitalHeritageCenter.
- And if you just want to flip through some terrific images from DigitalNC collections, visit our collections on Flickr, where we have a handful of fun sets featuring photos from old yearbooks, newspapers, and more.
If you don’t see your favorite social network here, or you have suggestions of other ways that we can let you know about our work and collections, drop us a line at email@example.com and let us know.