We’ve recently finished digitizing and publishing online more local history materials from Rockingham County Public Library. This is another batch coordinated as part of a 2014-2015 Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) EZ Digitzation Grant, and we’re excited to share these with you.
Periodicals added with this batch include Insights to Jerusalem, a newsletter published by the Jerusalem United Holy Church of America in Reidsville, NC. These volumes, from 1990-1994, include church news, recipes, short essays, and more. Old Rockingham County Magazine, also published during the 1990s, is a variety magazine with stories, historical anecdotes, household hints, ads, and local lore.
There are also a number of additional volumes of research on a variety of Rockingham County residents and topics by local historian John T. Dallas.
- Confederate Veterans of Rockingham County
- J. Oscar Thomas Letters and Others
- Jabez L. Dallas & Elizabeth Wells Dallas
- James B. Robertson, Caswell County, North Carolina
- Robert Dallis & Nancy Turner of Sandy River
- Roberts of Rockingham County, NC
- The Thomas Family
- Wentworth High School, 1923-1961
The remaining items include materials about the American Tobacco Company (The Story of Lucky Strike, and a postcard of the plant in Reidsville), two reports on civil rights in Reidsville, and a scrapbook full of newspaper clippings and ephemera documenting Washington Mills.