Wilson County’s Greatest Generation: The Memories of the World War II Veterans of Wilson County, N.C.
The materials in this collection document the service of men and women from Wilson County in World War II. These documents, clippings, photographs, and reminiscences were collected by John Hackney, Jr. and Betty McCain for the Wilson County Historical Association. The original scrapbooks will be placed in the North Carolina State Archives, with copies available at the Wilson County Public Library.
- Bits of News from Home
- [British General Ration Book]
- Clothing Book 1947-48
- Continuation of National Service Life Insurance: Information for Veterans of World War II
- Information for Soldiers: Going Back to Civilian Life
- Project collecting WWII memories
- Stories of War: More than 140 local veterans share their experiences for the historical project
- Two local residents document Wilson’s Greatest Generation
- War Ration Book One
- The Warriors of WWII
- World War II Production at Hackney’s