Since 2010, the North Carolina Digital Heritage Center has received annual support from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) as administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources (IMLS grant number LS-249980-OLS-21).
Ongoing annual support is also provided by the University Libraries at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with particular contributions from the Wilson Special Collections Library and the Library and Information Technology Department.
Funding for time-limited projects supporting our partners’ digitization needs has come from the following.
- Individual Donors
- The IDEA Council at UNC-Chapel Hill University Libraries
- The Knight Foundation via the Digital Public Library of America
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation via the Southern Folklife Collection at UNC-Chapel Hill University Libraries
- The North Caroliniana Society
- The North Carolina State Historical Records Advisory Board via the State Archives of North Carolina