A fascinating group of materials from the collections of the Stanly County Museum in Albemarle is now available on DigitalNC. The newly-digitized content includes:
- 19th-century medical ledgers from Dr. F.J. Kron, in which he recorded the names of patients, their ailments, and the prescribed treatments. The ledgers provide an interesting glimpse into medical care in the early- to mid-1800s.
- A pictorial history of Stanly County published in 1932.
- Aerial and panoramic photos showing Badin Lake and Dam.
- Scrapbook from the Albemarle Spinsters’ Club in the 1940s.
- Scrapbooks from local journalist Fred Morgan, containing a wealth of information about local history.
- Programs, photos, tickets, and scrapbooks from the 1940 “Little World Series,” which saw the underdog Albemarle team defeat visiting San Diego for the national championship.