A new batch of yearbooks from Alamance County is now available on DigitalNC, courtesy of our partner, the Alamance County Public Libraries. Included are nearly 20 yearbooks from schools across Alamance County during the middle of the 20th century. This batch also includes a 2002 booklet to commemorate and reminisce about the Class of 1944 at Aycock High School, assembled by Rachel Hawkins Cole.
These yearbooks contain individual and class portraits, class histories, honorifics and photographs of school activities, class clubs, and athletic teams. Some of the yearbooks also include important or notable events throughout the school year, poems or songs dedicated to the class, and pages dedicated to certain classes.
The booklet dedicated to the Aycock High School Class of 1944 is also included. It details the history of Aycock High School, honors various teachers and administrative figures present at the school at that time, and includes photographs of classmembers taken from that time period. It also included a program taken from a commemorative service in 2002 where classmates were invited to come together to remember their classmates and time spent at Aycock High School.
Follow the links below to browse the yearbooks from the schools included in this batch:
- Dedication, 1942, Aycock High School
- Tomahawk, 1947, Altamahaw-Ossippee School
- Yan-Tat, 1950-1953, Bartlett Yancey High School
- Signa, 1966-1968, Eastern Alamance High School
- Wag, 1958-1960, Graham High School
- The Tiger, 1965, Jordan Sellars High School
- Southerner, 1966-1968, Southern Alamance High School
- Doe-Wah-Jack, 1966-1968, Walter Williams High School
- We-Hi-Wa, 1967, Western Alamance High School
- Class of 1944 Aycock High School Booklet