A new batch of yearbooks from Greene County are now available on DigitalNC, courtesy of our new partner Greene County Museum. Included in this group are eight years of Ho-Hi Echoes by Hookerton High School from 1953 to 1961, nine years of The Maury Mecca by Maury High School from 1952 to 1961, and over a dozen years of The Talisman by Walstonburg High School from 1947 to 1961. Also included is twelve issues of yearbooks by Snow Hill High School from 1949 to 1961, where the yearbook went through 3 different name changes in 6 years!
These yearbooks include individual portraits, class portraits, as well as photographs of activities, clubs, and sports. Some of the yearbooks also include histories of the classes, and “class prophecies”, where the students imagined where they would be in the future.
Follow the links below to browse the yearbooks from the schools, included in this batch:
- Ho-Hi Echoes, 1953-1961, Hookerton High School, Hookerton, N.C.
- The Maury Mecca, 1952-1961, Maury High School, Maury, N.C.
- Memoirs, 1949-1952, Snow Hill High School, Snow Hill, N.C.
- The Knoll, 1953-1954, Snow Hill High School, Snow Hill N.C.
- The Yellow Jacket, 1955-1957, Snow Hill High School, Snow Hill N.C.
- The Knoll, 1958-1961, Snow Hill High School, Snow Hill N.C.
- The Talisman, 1947-1961, Walstonburg High School, Walstonburg, N.C.