Thanks to our partner, Mitchell Community College, we have 54 new course catalogs for Mitchell Community College spanning from 1942 to 2011 available on our website—filling in previously missing years.
Chartered in 1852, Mitchell Community College began as a Presbyterian college for women with a focus on fine arts and music. It changed to a junior women’s college in 1924. In 1932, following the growing hardships caused by the Great Depression, men were allowed onto the campus. Twenty-seven years later, in 1959, another change occurred when the college became an independent community college operated by the Mitchell College Foundation. Since 1852, the college has continued to be updated with new programs, buildings, and classes to suit the changing times and various education paths of its community.
To learn more about Mitchell Community College, please visit their website.
To view more of our materials from North Carolina community colleges, visit here.