A new batch of yearbooks from Wayne County are now available on DigitalNC, courtesy of our partner, Wayne County Public Library. In this collection are over half a dozen yearbooks from the 1950s and 1960s from across Wayne County, including the city of Goldsboro and the towns of Dudley and Pikeville.
These yearbooks include individual portraits, class portraits, and more. They also include photographs of activities, student clubs, and the schools’ sports teams. These yearbooks highlight different parts of the student bodies, including the history clubs, the technical students, the students involved in foreign language classes, honor societies, and more.
Follow the links below to browse the yearbooks from the schools included in this batch:
- The Governor, 1968, Charles B. Aycock High School
- Gohisca, 1968, Goldsboro High School
- Valhalla, 1968, Southern Wayne High School
- The Brohican, 1957, Brogden High School
- Chieftain, 1953, Nahunta High School
- Chieftain Junior, 1962, Nahunta High School
- Nuhosca, 1951, New Hope High School
Senior supplements published in the early 1940s are also now online, which can be seen here.
These yearbooks give us fascinating insights into what life was like for high school students in Wayne County in the mid-20th century. To see more from our partner who provided these yearbooks, visit Wayne County Public Library’s partner page, or take a look at their website.